Re: Taito Missile X owner ?

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed May 26 2010 - 13:11:11 EDT

Fabrice GIRARDOT wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm almost done in fixing my Taito Missile X PCB.
> Unfortunately, I have a bad PROM chip at D8.
> It has 2 internaly high sticky address bits.
> This chip stores the little picture for the top targets
> (small tanks), so I have only 1/4 of the picture :
>

> (next ascii-art should be seen with non-prop font)
>
> ??????
> ????????????
> ?????
> ????????????
> ???????#######
> ?? ? ?# # ##
> ? ? ? # # #
> ??????######
>

> # is a pixel for sure (extracted from PROM)
> ? is a supposed pixel (drawn by myself)
>

> This game is TTL only, and AFAIK not dumped.
>
> Is there any other Taito Missile X owner here ?
> I'd need a good sharp picture of the video, where one
> top target could be seen.
> With such a picture, I could be able to recreate
> PROM's content and restore my game back to its original
> state.
>
> Note that Midway's Guided Missile uses other gfx, so
> it doesn't help.
>

> Regards,
>
> Fabrice.
> chris@westnet.com

If you can send me a picture of the board I can hang onto it when I am
searching my piles of old PCBs...

Otherwise you can probably fix that with a ROM Emulator and a bit of
time. Cheap ROM Emulators abound, or make your own out of a battery
backed up-CMOS-RAM, EPROM programmer that supports the RAM, a 24/26 pin
socket for RAM, some wire and a 14/16/18 (whatever # of pins your PROM
uses) header plug! See: http://www.dunfield.com/doswid/index.htm and
look for QDRE.ZIP.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com