RE: Carnevil monitor issues...

From: Sam Zehr <samzehr_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Oct 22 2010 - 18:36:15 EDT

Wow, a question I know the answer to.

Carnevil use a 'gamma flash' instead of a white flash, where the brightness
on the 3d video card was cranked up instead of just using plain white. The
theory is you'd get some 'persistence of vision' in the flash, and it
wouldn't be as jarring or epilepsy inducing as pure white.

This caused trouble on the 35" monitors, which as you've seen, do not
trigger the guns as well, especially since you are standing further away.

In ADDITIONAL ADJUSTMENTS there is an adjustment SCREEN FLASH BRIGHTNESS

Crank this up, and see if that helps

Sam

There should be an adjustment in