RE: Carnevil monitor issues...

From: Sam Zehr <samzehr_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Oct 22 2010 - 19:34:54 EDT

Well, maybe I don't know the answer :)

Like you say, it could just be the monitor, so same symptom, different
cause.

However, the game was twitchy on a 35" with factory settings from the start,
and it showed up a lot more on the corners of the screen. The 'fix' was to
crank the Screen Flash Brightness all the way up. In addition, I seem to
remember the video voltage amplifier dealies (I'm not an EE) being weak on
that game, so we'd usually crank the monitor brightness all the way up to
compensate.

Can't help you with MAME, I'm afraid

Sam