Re: Flyback Troubleshooting help

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Mon Jan 17 2011 - 14:08:43 EST

  That *is* a good question... why is it ringing? The LOPT primary is
also on the horizontal deflection coil so it should be a nice solid
sawtooth for correct deflection.... maybe I have a bad retrace or
deflection capacitor?

The damper diode is connected and tested good. HOT is tested and good...
correct part. Yoke is connected and is the correct yoke. I put a similar
raster yoke on it just for fun and behavior is the same.

The filter cap is good (new) on the 120V B+ to the HOT and LOPT. If I
scope the 120V (im running this at 36V) supply, it is actually quite
stable with negligible noise.