Re: Flyback Troubleshooting help

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Mon Jan 17 2011 - 14:37:54 EST

  Im going to go put a low value resistor in series with the horizontal
deflection coil so I can scope the voltage and see the current going
through the deflection coil (an inductor) and I *should* have a sawtooth
(or at least a trapezoid) there. After thinking about the ringing point
that Rodger made, I don't think my statement made any sense as I
wouldn't see a sawtooth from ground to HOT collector. However, I should
see a sawtooth voltage across any resistive element in series with the
H.Deflection coil. Reading directly across the H.Deflection woudn't work
because it is an inductive load and the voltage is not representative of
the current and the real thing that has to be a perfect sawtooth is the
current through the H.Deflection coil.