Re: Flyback Troubleshooting help

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Mon Jan 17 2011 - 19:56:36 EST

  Keep in mind that waveform in inherently flawed since that is *just
the primary* on the core and there *are no secondaries* at all (I took
them off)... so there shouldn't be any ringing because there is no
alternating field generation. I just realized that after I posted it.

I put the transformer back together and am rigging up a 555 oscillator
through a .047 cap to get a better voltage swing and current supply. I
will post some of those waveforms here in a bit. Initially, they are
looking odd.

The odd thing about this core set is that they are not glued and there
is no spacer. Torquing the little nuts on the core retaining bracket can
actually effect the ringing pattern... seems sorta lame.