Horizontal Width Question

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Mon Jan 31 2011 - 21:30:22 EST

  Im about finished hacking my WG7000 flyback into my Amplifone raster
deflection board and my last issue is with the Horizontal Width. Right
now it is too wide... from several articles online about this, I
attempted to increase the size of the deflection capacitor which is at
the end of the chain of...

HOT -> Deflection Coil -> Horizontal Width Coil -> Parallel LR Tank ->
Deflection Capacitor (.39uf)

I took this up to .64 which helped but not quite enough so I took it up
to .64 + .39 and it didn't decrease much less than just the .64.... so I
think I hit my limit. So... Im trying to figure out what my next options
are... I think I can....

1. Put a larger inductance width coil inline
2. Put a resistor in series with the cap
3. Lower the B+ (not a great option)
4. Put a resistor in parallel with the H deflection coil (not a great
option either I don't think)

Does anyone have any suggestions or 'best practices' beyond the
capacitor change? One page mentioned lowering the retrace cap but I
didn't think I would want to mess with the retrace (or would that help
move the left edge of deflection farther left?) Right now, I need to
take my right edge farther left. This monitor also has a horizontal
shift which has quite a wide range so I have lots of options.

thanks
jess