Testing System 1 Main Boards

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Tue Dec 20 2011 - 14:20:48 EST

Hi Guys,

Can you run diagnostics on these using the test switch on the ArIII without having the rom board plugged in please ?

All I getting is a random rug pattern, but I had it kind of booting up to some tests at one point when I flexed near the CPU.

I think the CPU socket has corrosion as it looks like a drop of water has ran down one of the power busses, dropped on the cpu , ran down, and corroded about 5 pins on both sides.

The one I have I'm told from a good source that it was working 6 months ago.

It also has a couple of logic chips piggy backed and some wire wrap wiring mods to the right of the CPU ( An early revision or a reset bodge or soething perhaps ?)

I've not had time to look at it yet properly, but tried reseating the CPU.

Also has any one tried plugging a 68000 fluke pod into these and testing memory etc ? - Yes, I realise that it uses a 60101 but they are supposed to be pin compatable.

Thanks for any advice, Regards, Colin