Re: Testing System 1 Main Boards

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu Dec 22 2011 - 13:24:48 EST

I found a little info.... Says if you don't plug in the MM Cartridge board in... Its should report... NO Cartridge....

http://www.aaarpinball.com/MM/MM.htm

My board is the same one pictured and has the resistor mod and the two wire links on the cut track.....

Mine also has extra circuitry which goes to the reset pin on the 6502A sound CPU... Odd !!!!

I've socketed the 68010 CPU that had correded pins and also the two Roms on the main board, but I'm now greeted with the Reset LED flashing... ( I presume thats what it is ?)

Still same old rug pattern, so I need to re-check my work now.... broke a couple of pads on the CPU although I was careful ( I gave the board a good scrub after I had removed the Old socket), so a couple of the pads were dislodged.... so will have to test for continuity and also I may plug the fluke 68000 pod and my 9010a and do a few basic tests on the bus , rom and ram....

My Test bench is not set up yet in my new garage, so it may take some time !!

Will give me something to play with over Christmas :)

Regards,
Colin