Re: What is this?

From: Kev <KKlopp_at_EROLS.COM>
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 17:20:44 EST

>I bought one of those, so did Alex Yeckley. I haven't used it yet, but I
>did read the manuals and watch the video tape that came with it. I would
>say they are definitely worth the money. They are brand new, in the box
>with all the accessories. It is kind of a scaled down version of the 9010,
>ram, rom and i/o tests as well as a few unique tests like a memory soak and
>a trace function to identify processor lines. Unlike the 9010 it doesn't
>replace the mpu, it actually piggybacks it and steals cycles using the dma
>line. I think I paid $50 + shipping for the whole thing, so it's kind of
>hard to go wrong for that money. All of the ones for sale on Fleabay were
>for the Z80, don't know if they exist for other processors or not.

Damn! I order one for $89 (Tom Gomer did too) the other week & the guy has
more.

I bought one to give it a try (as Pac Man is my main focus) instead of
forking out $500 for a 9010A & Z80 pod.

I'm still waiting on my & plan of producing a report of it's abilities as
soon as I can.

Oh, talking about tools

I got a Extech 381626 Pen meter for X-mas thinking it would be a handy tool
for on the go. It has a built in logic probe function that made it
desirable in my eyes (DMM & Logic Probe in a pen meter setup should be aces
for on the go work).

BUT, the logic probe section does not register pulses (using an audible
pizeo or pulse light) and does not match my Radio Shack logic probe (gives
inaccurate readings!)

Extech has failed to answer my e-mail or request about the product and I
would suggest that anyone steer clear of this product.