Re: Does anyone have any HP5006A info?

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 18:41:39 EST

Jon,

At 03:02 PM 2/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Joe,
>
>Thanks for the great info.

  Thanks. I've done more reading and foudn oput that my description isn't
exactly right but it will do for now.

 James Marous was kind enough to send me a manual for the 5006A which I
will be scanning over the next couple days. In it, I saw some expanded
views of all of the parts and now understand what you were talking about :)
 It looks like all I need are the 5 grabbers and a single wire (which I
assume connects to the main probe?).

  If it's the wire that connects to the side of the probe then it's a
ground wire. The wire on the big pod that has the upside down T symbol is
also a ground so you don't HAVE to have the second ground wire even though
you should. The ground wire on the probe has a small socket at both ends so
you may have to make one out of two standard wires. Or just cut the large
pin off of one standard wire and solder that end to the grabber. That's
what I did.

 Could you point me to a specific place to get these? That SkyCraft store
didn't appear to have a web page.

 Check on E-bay. There's are always people on there selling the grabbers.
Or buy an old cheap logic analyzer pod that has the wires and grabbers and
swipe the wires and grabbers from it. You could also look around in
surplus stores. They often end up with the small stuff getting seaparated
from the main units and they sell the stuff separately instead of trying to
match it up with the unit that it came from. Grabbers go for about $.50 to
$.75 each at the local store.

     Joe