Re: Z80 pods, 2 versions...

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 13:54:36 EST

  I've never heard of the Z-80 QT pod but I'm guessing that it has the
Quick Tests similar to the 68000 pod. The Quick Tests are run from the pod
and not from the 9010 so they don't have the communications bottle neck.

   The Z-80A pod uses a faster CPU than the standard Z-80 pod. I've never
heard of a difference in the firmware but it may be different. I wonder if
it's possible to upgrade the Z-80 to a Z-80A pod just by installing the
faster CPU and (possibly) the firmware?

   Joe