RE: DATA I/O 29B

From: Fish, David <dfish_at_bev.etn.com>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 08:44:50 EST

> [Ranger Mike]
> I use 3.10, with code 10, and have not had one bit of
> trouble. Of
> course, being a computer old timer, I still think 9600 baud
> is pretty quick,
> and am happy to use it (the baud rate which I am happy using a VT320
> connected to a vms box).

This is probably the cause of my problems. It's been years since
I used the older (pre-version 6) Promlink and don't have access
to it anymore. Did someone have it available on thier website?

The problem with the RAW BINARY code 16 is that my 29B will not
recognize it. The firmware in mine is version 6, the EPROMs are
numbered 315-14-49 thru 315-14-55. I haven't tried Alex's
version 5 EPROMs yet. I'm hoping that it doesn't require a PAL
change to swap versions, DATA I/O use to be famous for this.

> [Ranger Mike]
> I tried using the 6.10 version, and get the hanging
> problem as well.
> With 3.10, I use net rom binaries, and have no problems at all.

Mike, what the version number of your firmware in the 29B?

Dave

 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.