Yehaw! I got a 5400a

From: <FBowen_at_checkfree.com>
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 17:13:01 EST

and it passes self test! I bought it off e-bay with a description reading:
The front panel lost a battle of wills with our famous Arizona sun and is
much curvier than HP ever planned for it to be, and the carrying handle is
broken, leaving a handle "stub" on each side.

I didn't think much of it until I opened it up and realized the front panel
is METAL! Holy cow, somedbody must have dropped it (explains the broken
handle too) or really wacked it good. Fortunately the only damage seems to
be the unstable signature LED is broken or even just a disconnect between
the LED and the trace. I'm definitely getting a signal to the trace.

Just looking forward to doing more repairs...

 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.