Re: Frequency counter, Pace MBT solder and extractor

From: <FBowen_at_checkfree.com>
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 17:14:44 EST

Thanks for the info. The seller didn't know the range. One of the reasons
I didn't buy it. I might get the kit from weedtech.com though.

"Kev" <KKlopp@EROLS.COM> on 03/23/2000 11:25:32 AM

Please respond to TechToolsList@flippers.com

To: <TechToolsList@flippers.com>
cc:

Subject: Re: Frequency counter, Pace MBT solder and extractor

I'm building a freq counter as a learning experience with PIC controllers.

http://204.210.50.240/techref/default.asp?from=/techref/microchip/../piclist

/&url=weedfreq.htmThere is a discussion that this is only accurate to 20 Mhz range when built
with a 16F84 pic but use of a non-flash pic can make it faster.

It will probably be udpated in the future. But 20 Mhz will cover me for
now
(Pac Man has 6 Mhz signals).

One warning don't try to use an OPTIX 16x1 display as they are actually a
8x2 so now I'm stuck rewritting code....

What is the freq of that counter on E-bay?

Kev

> Is this an adequate frequency counter for videogame repair purposes:
>
> Heathkit Frequency Counter Model IM-4100
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=289956727
>
> If not, what would be a good brand/model to get that is available and
cheap?

 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in
the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.