Hitachi Oscilloscope V-202F

From: Magiera, Joe (AIT) <joe.magiera_at_msg.ameritech.com>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 08:22:56 EDT

Hi All,

Not very active on this list, more of a lurker trying to learn. I found an
Hitachi Oscilloscope, model V-202F a couple of weeks ago. Nothing else, no
cables or manuals, just the main unit. I have never used an o-scope before,
but I'd love to learn how. I contacted Hitachi and they told me it was
discontinued in February 1983. The did not have an owners manual for it
(which would have been free). They did have a service manual, but that was
$43.31 + shipping, and on further inquiry, found it was for the V-202 model,
not the V-202F.

I'm guessing the service manual is for maintenance of the unit itself, and
won't get into how to use it.

I know it's a long shot, but anyone have the owners manual for this unit?
I'd like to "rent" it for a week or two so I could make a copy.

Also, are cables fairly standard for o-scopes? Anyone have any
recommendation as to what are the basic cables I need?

The one bit of good news, when I powered it up, it all seems to work! :^)

Any thoughts, opinions, help with documentation, would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Joe

joe.magiera@ameritech.com