Re: Pac repair using a chip comparitor

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 16:23:03 EST

<x-flowed>
Are you using proper static handling techniques for these parts? They are
static sensitive and sometimes people forget to ground themselves before
plugging a part in. Heating season has started and that kills more
boards...I know we usually manage to kill a board every year about now...

The price of $7 is extremely reasonable to repair those devices. The fact
that they are a programmed GPLA makes them very reliable and compact. I
would much rather keep a spare or two of those on hand then try to service
the older style boards. They take much too long to troubleshoot. And
normally the repair procedure is to replace all the TTL.

I bet Clay would sell the IC separately, but that might void the $7 repair
warranty...

John :-#)#

</x-flowed>