RE: Fluke 9010a just died

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 23:37:24 EDT

<x-flowed>
Hi Matt,

Do you have a second Fluke? (we have four at this time) you could mix and
match.

With respect to the I/O tests, they are only valid if there is a PIA of
some sort as the I/O interface, a TTL latch/buffer won't show up the same.
I have one 9010 with a display problem that shows up when it warms up, but
if yours is dead from the start, then I suspect cold spray won't help you...

Have you tried reading the ROM checksum with the Series 90 and comparing it
with an archived set? I can email you a set for comparison, I have found
that ROM can knock out a system if it does not release when unselected.

John :-#)#

</x-flowed>