Re: Substituting IBM for 9010 base...

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 19:09:45 EST

<x-flowed>
I have spare pods, 6800, 8080 and a few others that I was going to eBay
someday. Any of them of use in your project? (no 6809's Kev)

Perhaps if you get in touch with Fredric he might be able to help with the
background on the coding for the PODs... frice@skeptictank.org the writer
of the f9010 code...he is a member of this list I think

John :-#)#

At 10:06 PM 11/02/2002 +0000, Mike Coates wrote:
>it's something I had considered, but without the z80 emulator bit.
>
>In theory, if the data exchange twixt fluke and pod is know, the entire main
>end can be replaced with a program at the PC end, and a printer port or USB
>interface. The data exchanges are strange, but should be possible to decode
>(error trapping is the pain!), but it is something I have as a low priority
>project.
>
>as for the probe - thats phase 2 (or 3), getting the normal operations going
>with extra options to easily read roms / and CRC algorithm you fancy, test
>an entire PCB and report all problems in single pass .... place your
>requests here!
>
>The project has been on hold waiting to borrow an otherwise useless pod to
>test the interfacing, I don;t want to put my z80 or 68000 pods at risk! (so
>something that works as a pod, but has no likely uses for repairing things
>nowadays, the test culprit was going to be a cda1820 (or something similar))

</x-flowed>