Re: Fluke compiler software

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 03:02:30 EST

<x-html>
I was chatting with Neil Bradley tonight about his Z80 emulator and he
suggested that perhaps someone here might be able to help <br><br>
&quot;- emulating a piece of hardware requires not only just the ROM
images, but all the appropriate hardware hooks, timing, and translating
user interface on the screen (under Windows - not easy) into something
that can be used.&quot;<br><br>
Urk....I can help with finding the memory map for the fluke and helping
figure out the hardware side, but I am NOT a code jockey.<br><br>
Neil's MZ80 emulator can be found at:
</u></font>So anyone want to help? Fame and riches abound! If not then
perhaps a few evenings of headaches...one or the other. The 9010A roms
are up on
I have joined them into a contiguous block.<br><br>
Making a pod interface for a 6520 (the PIA the 9010A uses) and include
the probe input socket along with the signature generator should be
fairly straightforward as a PC - AT style plug in board, or if some
cleaver person wants to make it USB, well, who am I to stop
them?<br><br>
The memory map for the 9010A is fairly simple actually, there ain't much
in there, as long as one ignore the tape drive and the RS-232 port and
the display. OK, the display will be a bit irritating, it uses a 8041,
but I'll try to read one at the shop...I think my universal burner from
Xeltek can read them...maybe...but the actual base only has a CPU, some
RAM, a few ROMs and the probe interface. Ok, the probe interface is a bit
much too, but hey, we can ignore it for now, eh?<br><br>
Page 7A-6 in the 9010A Service Manual gives the addressing: ROM from 0000
- 9FFF, RAM C000 - FFFF, I/O 10020 - 100F0 (X 20h)<br><br>
John :-#)#<br><br>
At 04:34 PM 03/04/2002 -0500, Kev wrote:<br><br>
the port.&nbsp; I forget the number.<br><br>
For some reason I could not get 9600 8-n-1 to work but I did manage to
get<br>
4800 running.<br><br>
Johns' idea of the PC replacement for the base should eliminate those
speed<br>
concerns and then coupled with a 8255 card or similar controllable I/O
card<br>
will make a powerful test tool.<br><br>
Kev<br><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The one thing I don't like about the fluke compiler is I don't
think<br>
there's<br>
&gt; any way to change the com port settings.&nbsp; Maybe I'm
wrong.&nbsp; The baud rate<br>
is<br>
&gt; defaulted to 2400.&nbsp; That's pretty dang slooow.&nbsp; Maybe
someone can change<br>
&gt; that.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Matt<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: owner-techtoolslist@www.flippers.com<br>
&gt;
[<a href="mailto:owner-techtoolslist@www.flippers.com" eudora="autourl">mailto:owner-techtoolslist@www.flippers.com</a>]On
Behalf Of Kev<br>
&gt; Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 1:08 PM<br>
&gt; To: Mike Coates; TechToolsList@flippers.com<br>
&gt; Subject: Re: Fluke compiler software<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Which compiler?&nbsp; Freds or the Fluke issued one?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; We've got Delphi in the office &amp; my boss was a big Delphi fan
but is<br>
quickly<br>
&gt; becoming a C++ convert.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks,<br>
&gt; Kev<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; I have started on doing a windows version of this compiler, but
I'm<br>
&gt; &gt; converting it to Delphi (since I hate visual basic, and thats
about the<br>
&gt; only<br>
&gt; &gt; kid on the block nowadays) - there's also the option for
someone to load<br>
&gt; it<br>
&gt; &gt; across into Kylix when I've finished and create a linux/unix
version<br>
too!<br>
&gt; &gt; (in case anyone here is a linux junkie)<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; the first version will have the compiler and text editor as a
windows<br>
&gt; &gt; program, when this works OK, I'll look at putting the comms
stuff into<br>
the<br>
&gt; &gt; same program so everything is in one place.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; I'm about 20% of the way through the basic code at the moment,
getting<br>
rid<br>
&gt; &gt; of the GOTO's and converting the syntax to pascal.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; more reports when it gets to doing something<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>