Re: Programming the Fluke 9100 - Am I out of luck?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 00:43:48 EDT

<x-flowed>

According to the docs you can copy from the hard drive to a floppy, however
there is no way to copy the operating system from the hard drive onto
another hard drive, it appears that Fluke used a copy protection system to
prevent that. The docs mention that the floppy used to upload the new
operating system must have their write-protect tab set to write, and then
you can't reload the new operating system. I tried to hook up a second hard
drive to the outboard SCSI port, but the system did not appear to identify
it, wouldn't even ask if I wanted to format it. My W2K SCSI card did not
identify the drive in the 9100 either...rats...

I'm reading an old reference book on the PC (save EVERYTHING!) but while it
talks a bit about the keyboard, it doesn't go into detail on the serial
output format/speed.

Certainly an IBM keyboard will plug in, and it is set up correctly for the
power, but with no schematics on the 9100 I can't tell if the signal lines
are configured correctly. Neither the AT or PC settings work, although the
PC setting will allow the Num/Cap key LEDs to lit on/off.

John :-#)#

At 11:26 PM 14/04/2002 -0400, Kev wrote:

>So it is a simple matter of mapping the ascii code to an IBM keyboard?
>Sounds like a job for a PIC.
>
>Is it possible to upload/download programs from the 9100?
>
>Thanks,
>Kev
>

> >Actually the 9100 unit requires 1200 baud ASCII 1 start bit, 8 data, and 2
> >stop bits.
> >
> >Anyone know what the IBM keyboard sends out? I've been playing with my 9100
> >this afternoon, and it states "Keyboard missing" when I attempt to use the
> >EDIT function. I am going to attempt to read the SCSI based drive with my
> >W2K SCSI interface. Doubt it will work, but nothing to loose, perhaps it
> >can be read...more later if anyone is interested...
> >
> >John :-#)#

</x-flowed>