Re: Programming the Fluke 9100 - Am I out of luck?

From: Marc Alexander <marcwolf123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 00:58:35 EDT

> According to the docs you can copy from the hard drive to a floppy, however
> there is no way to copy the operating system from the hard drive onto
> another hard drive, it appears that Fluke used a copy protection system to
> prevent that. The docs mention that the floppy used to upload the new
> operating system must have their write-protect tab set to write, and then
> you can't reload the new operating system. I tried to hook up a second hard
> drive to the outboard SCSI port, but the system did not appear to identify
> it, wouldn't even ask if I wanted to format it. My W2K SCSI card did not
> identify the drive in the 9100 either...rats...

Sounds *worse* than Microshaft XP :)

What are the exact model/number/descriptions of the drive?
With some research there may be a way to do a direct copy from drive to drive
or similar.

Anybody have an original OS install floppy? (unused I guess) I have a system
that would have a good chance of imaging it and copying it.

> I'm reading an old reference book on the PC (save EVERYTHING!) but while it
> talks a bit about the keyboard, it doesn't go into detail on the serial
> output format/speed.
>
> Certainly an IBM keyboard will plug in, and it is set up correctly for the
> power, but with no schematics on the 9100 I can't tell if the signal lines
> are configured correctly. Neither the AT or PC settings work, although the
> PC setting will allow the Num/Cap key LEDs to lit on/off.

http://www.beyondlogic.org/keyboard/keybrd.htm
http://govschl.ndsu.nodak.edu/~achapwes/PICmicro/PS2/ps2.htm
http://www.hth.com/filelibrary/TXTFILES/keyboard.txt

and of course :)