RE: Programming the Fluke 9100 - Am I out of luck?

From: Chris Hardy <Chris_Hardy_at_vie.co.uk>
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 09:56:38 EDT

Hi guys..

Dave Langley obtained a set of unused system floppy disks from Fluke (in
Holland I think), which I have here sitting on my desk.

Dave was slowly duplicating them on his 9100a before it died, so I offered
to duplicate them here at work. (We have a industrial floppy duplicator
which was used when games came out on floppies instead of disks..).

The other reason was that it takes about 30 seconds to copy a disk instead
of 10 minutes

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to check that the disks are ok.. (and I
have concerns that I may have accidently wiped one of them.. Sorry Dave!!)

I'll take them home tonight and check that they are readable on the 9100a I
have, if I can work out how to read them using it!..

Also, while I'm at it, AFAIK the 9100a harddrive setup is basically a ESDI
(SCSI forerunner) to MFM ST225 interface. I suspect that ESDI is not
compatible with a std SCSI interface, and I wasn't really game to try it out
as this 9100a is on loan to me.

Now, if anyone can find an old AT or XT ST225 harddrive board it should be a
fairly simple process of sector by sector reading the drive. Of course,
finding another drive to put it one is another question altogether.

I don't think the "Programmers Keyboard" is as simple as it seems.. You
maybe able to connect up a keyboard, but there is still no way of displaying
the information without a display card that plugs into the 9100a. I'm think
there is a picture of the whole setup in one of the manuals on spies.

Chris Hardy

PS BTW One of the useful additions of the 9100a is that it will do bitwise
memory tests.. Great for 2114's and SI boards
PSS I'm not going to be able to reply to emails after Wednesday this week as
I'm going to be on holiday for a month

------------------------- IMPORTANT INFORMATION -------------------------

The contents of this email are confidential, may be subject to legal
privilege and protected by copyright. They are intended for the
named addressee only. If you are not the named addressee or a person
acting on behalf and with the authority of the addressee and have received
this email by mistake, any copying, disclosure or dissemination of the
contents of this email to any third party is strictly forbidden by the
sender and the sender reserves all rights and remedies against any person
or entity making any such unauthorised use thereof. If you have received
this email in error, please would you contact the sender immediately by
Telephone +44 (0)20 7551 0000, Fax +44 (0)20 7551 0001 or return of email
and then delete and/or destroy this email. Please note that any views or
opinions presented are (unless the context otherwise makes it clear) solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Virgin
Interactive.

Please also note that Virgin endeavours at all times to keep its network
free of viruses. You should, however, scan this email and any attachments
to it for any viruses. Virgin will not be held responsible for any viruses
which may be transmitted upon receipt of this email or the opening of any
attachment thereto.