Re: 9010A basics

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 11:58:59 EDT

<x-flowed>

Hi Mark,

You can also go to: http://www.spies.com/arcade/TE/index.html and download
the 9010 documents, there is a training guide as well as the operators and
programmers manual, although you might want to start with the basic tests
as outlined in the Operators Manual. Then wander to our FTP site:
ftp.flippers.com/Fluke and there you will find both scripts and programs
for the programming and testing of a number of games, plus in the PDF
directory more manuals and tech material to read.

If you download the Galaga.s script and study it, that will give you some
clues as to how the unit runs and what it tests. On the side, Galaga games
often have broken SIP resistors, check if yours are the thin white ceramic
style (the really fragile ones) or the black chubbier style (fairly
reliable). The white ones often break where the lead is crimped to the
ceramic material...

John :-#)#

At 11:45 PM 15/04/2002 +1000, Marc Alexander wrote:

>Can someone give me a quick step by step rundown on using a 9010A for
>the first time?
>
>I have a 9010A, Z80 pod, probe, and a nearly working original Namco Galaga
>board, which I thought would be a good start :)
>
>I haven't used the 9010A at all except to turn it on and self test the
>pods, so a simple step by step of how to set it up, what buttons to press,
>downloading the script (I've got the script I think), how to set up the
>board for testing, running tests, etc. would be great to kickstart me.
>I can even turn it into a simple 'getting started' example for anyone later
>as I get used to this for the first time.
>
>Thanks very much,
>
>Marc

</x-flowed>