Fluke <> 232 cable, and what do I press :-)

From: Marc Alexander <marcwolf123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 21:45:11 EDT

I think the pinouts I saw archived below, though they may work?, could cause
damage to the 9010A or com port on the PC, as the handshake lines
are wired as two outputs shorted together.
Measuring the unconnected pins on both units showed that 4-RTS and 20-DTR were
live outputs out of the 9010A, so connecting them to outputs on the PC may cause
some problems.

I just got mine working with this pinout:

DB9 Female to PC DB25 Female to 9010A
1 CD input
2 RX input ------------2 TX output
3 TX output------------3 RX input
4 DTR output--------------------\
5 GND-------------------7 GND |
6 DSR input --------------------/
7 RTS output----\
8 CTS input ----/
9 RI input
                        4 RTS output
                        20 DTR input

and it works at 2400,N,8,1 at least, obviously no hardware
handshaking may limit the transfer speed, I will try higher.
I just used the old Windows 3.11 Terminal program and sent the galaga.h
file successfully.

Now the big question!
What do I press to run the script/tests? I'm trowelling through PDF files but won't
have time to read it all for a couple of days, and haven't found the right pages
yet, arrghh :) I understand the script, just not how to run it all, and what
to do with each test and failures, etc.
Ahh, I just worked out some of it, EXEC, ENTER/YES, etc..
Any tips and steps anyone has would be great, examples of a board test and repair
from turn-on to finish, anything.. I will put it into a 'Getting Started' doc,
c'mon guys! :-)

Thanks,

Marc