Re: Fluke <> 232 cable, and what do I press :-)

From: Kev <KKlopp_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 22:22:31 EDT

<EXEC> <YES>

generally gets you going.

I was thinking that it would be nice to have a text file (I was thinking
Word Doc or PDF) that you could print out, 1 page that would tell you some
basics to go along with the program.

But then again I've been trying to champion the idea of a uniform "bare
bones" program that everyone could use as sort of a standard.

Press 1 for RAM
Press 2 for ROM
Press 9 for RUN UUT etc...

but if we can get anywhere on the 9100s I may just forget the 9010 (unless
someone can dig up the cross compiler!).

I thought my 232 cable was simpler, 4 wires but I cann't find my notes on
that now.

John, do we have a list archive? Would be handy (or just add a file to the
FTP with this info as you compile it Marc).

Third thought. Has anyone tried to tie pins 2 & 3 of the 232 plug together
to make the 9010A "fault tolerant". I want to put a switch on my cable to
do that, load the program, flip the switch & run the program. Or is there
anyway to have the PC monitor output from the 9010A serially & send <CONT>
on failures?

Thanks,
Kev