Re: Pokey Scripts?

From: Scott Brasington <arcade_at_brasington.org>
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 11:28:13 EDT

For millipede, the code to read the DIPs that are hanging off
the pokey does this sequence:

       7a4e: a9 07 LDA #$07
       7a50: 8d 0f 04 STA POKEY0+$000f ; SKCTLS=0x07
       7a56: 8d 0b 04 STA POKEY0+$000b ; POTGO=0x07
       7a59: ad 08 04 LDA POKEY0+$0008 ; read DSW1

I think the pot circuit is a charging one, so maybe they have to
read immediately. IIRC it does not matter what value is written
to POTGO, just that a write occurs.

Do you have the PDF copy of the POKEY specs? If not, I can probably
find that file for you.

BTW, on this mailing list if I hit "reply-to", it wants to send the
reply only to the initiator, not to the entire list. I have to do
"reply-all" and then delete out your name. Seems like the mailing
list should be setting the reply-to field to be the list name.