Compressing/Page Capturing PDFs

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 11:27:13 EDT

Anyone here play with Adobe 5.0? Does it do a better job of capturing pages than 4.0?

The reason I ask is I was looking at the amount of storage used, so far, on the FTP site, and had recently received a rather small PDF that was scanned manual for the Arium ML4100 (it's up there) that was only 260K in size, whereas my scans were coming in the multimeg size.... So I played with a recent file that Kev put up today - the 80188PODGS manual, and Kev's version was 1.2megs, whereas the Captured manual was only 56K. Slight space advantage...

John :-#)#