From All Bad Comes Some Good (was: Sad 9100 day for me)

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_augustmail.com>
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 00:42:11 EDT

> I have a friend with a SCSI drive duplicator and he is attempting to
mirror
> my drive. Results should be known this coming week.
> John :-#(#
>
> At 09:24 PM 07/06/2002 -0400, Corey Stup wrote:
>

> >My main 9100's HD died. Now I have 2 9100's with dead drives.
> >

> ><sniff, sniff>

Here's my 2 credits:

If you think you (Corey) had a sad day, be glad it wasn't worse.
My *sad* day, about a month or so ago, was when the HDD in my desktop
crashed.
I've spent the last month, off and on, recovering the data.
Not fun; not even remotely fun. Yet I digress.

So from the bad comes some good. I'm now not too bad with drives (IMHO).
In particular, I can sector copy just about any media.

If anyone is interested in having a 9100 HDD imaged to dat or cd or tar/gz
file, lmk.
AFAIK, no one in my neighborhood (Dallas), has one to image.
If you know otherwise, lmk.

We can also image the floppies, so they are at least email'able,
if not downloadable. IIRC, someone across the pond had a set
of original distribution media. Did anyone (over here) ever get a backup of
them?

I haven't seen the list in a month, so if this has already been resolved,
pls ignore.

-Mark