Copying ROMS ?

From: Mike Davis <ipscone_at_msdsite.com>
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 14:22:50 EDT

I have several vintage computers (Epson HX-20). A couple of these
have been customized and have had the BASIC ROMS removed and some
other ROMS installed.

I'd like to go back to the original BASIC machines. I do have one
original HX-20 that has the BASIC ROMs. But when I tried to copy the
ROMS into my Data I/O Model 22, only FF shows up. I presume these
ROMs are protected somehow.

However, they function and must function in use, so the data should
be recoverable.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make copies of these old BASIC
ROMs?

Thanks,
Mike