Re: Copying ROMS ?

From: Mike Davis <ipscone_at_msdsite.com>
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 11:12:33 EDT

Like I said below:
EPSON BASIC1R0 M64020AA
EPSON BASIC1R0 M64021AA
EPSON BASIC1R0 M64022AA
EPSON BASIC1R0 M64023AA

The other writing is simply date code information.

The thing is, like I have said, I have a 2nd HX-20 that has 27C64s
installed. So, I was going to copy the BASIC to 27c64s and use in
the 2nd unit to have a BASIC machine.

Someone suggested that the masked ROMs might have some sort of
special non-standard select method within the ROMs. But if that was
the case, the 27C64 wouldn't work, unless there was some difference
in the board (No PALs on this board). I'm going to disassemble it
today and see if the 2nd unit has some rewired ROMs.

But, I have a 2nd problem that I'm trying to work off of this board.
I pulled the BASIC ROMs from the 1st unit and performed a hard reset,
clearing RAM. Still ran BASIC and the monitor program that were
supposed to be in ROM (ROMs were completely out of the system).

I was going to simply sway ROMS and see if they worked in the other
system but for some reason, the systems behave the same, regardless
of which set of ROMs is in either machine.

I thought perhaps the program is loaded into resident memory but the
manuals don't mention this and I don't know how to force a reload. I
know their other machine, PX-8, behaved this way.