Re: Copying ROMS ?

From: Mike Davis <ipscone_at_msdsite.com>
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 15:44:59 EDT

I have verified that I can read and write other 27c64s and I also
tried swapping ROMS however there is another small glitch.

Apparently the HX-20 runs the programs out of RAM. I guess it loads
from PROM and runs from RAM. I removed all of the BASIC ROMs and
performed a hard reset and when it comes back, it's still running
BASIC, without the BASIC ROMs even installed. Wierd!

I have looked through the manuals to try and find a way to force a
reload but no go (so far). I might try removing the internal
batteries and see what happens.

The manual also mentions that one can use 27C64s in the HX-20. There
may also be one other thing that is causing the problem. I am trying
to read the ROMS using family/pin codes for other ROMS. I don't find
that part number and have tried a number of other 8K ROM fam/pin
codes and none give me anything but blank loads.

Perhaps that is part of the problem?

Mike