Re: Fluke manuals...

From: Kev <KKlopp_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 15:34:12 EDT

> >Has anyone ever contacted Fluke to find out their position on posting of
> >ancient material on public web sites? I guess we should get clearance
first...

I'm working on this as we speak.

I would ask that we don't put any more documentation into "public domain"
areas yet & perhaps keep the ftp limited.

I do have an ex employee from Fluke that actually wrote some of the
documentation & he is in contact with people inside of Fluke propositioning
them with the idea of releasing the manuals & more importantly the software
for someone to host as the "official Fluke 9010/9100 obsolete manuals".

It may be helpful if I can collect a head count here of all the Fluke
owners/ users & what equipment they have to help establish the idea that
there is a need & desire for this support.

Of course all this is subject to a big no from Fluke but at this point I
don't know how else we can hope to get documentation & especially software
(to format & initilize HDDs etc...)

Thanks,
Kev