Re: Formatting a SCSI drive in the 9100

From: Corey Stup <Corey_at_stup.net>
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 04:23:09 EDT

> Well, I tried this, with a regular SCSI drive and nothing happened. So it
> turns out that there is a Service Disk that is required to format the hard
> drive.
>
> So, does anyone have a disk labeled as such?

I have a disk labeled as:

"9100 Service and Utility disk"

Its not an original, but it appears to still be readable. The demo copy
of OS9MAX will read the directory and set me see whats in the CMD
folder. I noticed an executable there to read the EEPROM.

Unfortunately, this disk is NOT bootable. Since I don't have system
disks, I can't even boot my 9100's.

I'll do some experiments to see if I can make an easy image of this disk
for anyone that wants it.