Re: Formatting a SCSI drive in the 9100

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 09:36:23 EDT

Did you try the &quot;Soft Key - F2 - F4&quot; boot with your Service floppy? I'll get you a copy of my system discs, but they are serialize to each machine and might not work on yours...still worth trying! <br><br>
(1/2 hour later)<br><br>
Tried the System discs from my NOS 9100A on my old 9100A and after complaining about the wrong System disc I then tried System disc 2, then the system asked me to remove the write-protect....I'm going to copy them and try again in a couple of hours. I suspect, though, that as the discs are already serialized for the NOS 9100A they won't work with the old timer. Stay tuned...<br><br>
John :-#)#<br><br>
At 04:23 AM 08/09/2002 -0400, Corey Stup wrote:<br><br>
&gt; turns out that there is a Service Disk that is required to format the hard<br>
&gt; drive.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; So, does anyone have a disk labeled as such?<br><br>
I have a disk labeled as:<br><br>
&quot;9100 Service and Utility disk&quot;<br><br>
Its not an original, but it appears to still be readable.&nbsp; The demo copy<br>
of OS9MAX will read the directory and set me see whats in the CMD<br>
folder.&nbsp;&nbsp; I noticed an executable there to read the EEPROM.<br><br>
Unfortunately, this disk is NOT bootable.&nbsp; Since I don't have system<br>
disks, I can't even boot my 9100's.<br><br>
I'll do some experiments to see if I can make an easy image of this disk<br>
for anyone that wants it.</blockquote></html>