Re: Pod Self-Test Error

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 13:22:46 EDT

<x-flowed>
Oh, and while looking in the manual it points out that the DIP switches on
the pod must be correct for the CPU used. Also DIP 4 is left in only one
position - it's for the self testing process only.

You might have a bad pod DIP switch...I've replaced many a DIP switch on
game boards or test fixtures...check it with a ohm-meter.

John :-#)#

At 02:41 AM 25/09/2002 -0500, Mark Shostak wrote:

>Rodger/John/All,
>
> > For the most part I find that error is a bad connection to the self test
> > socket. Try sliding the plug sideways in the test socket with it partially
> > engaged. This works for me...
>
>I've tried that with mixed results; mainly no go. In fact, generally, if I
>don't
>mess with it (as specified above), it won't even go into self test.
>
> > You DO put the pod's plug into a 40 pin socket to insert into the UUT
> don't
> > you?
>
>Um, like I tell my mother - "most of the time".
>
>However, I seem to find this problem either way. The DIP doesn't seem
>to seat in those ZIFs very well. They seem to rock across the center of the
>plug (as in, they pivot across the long axis).
>
>Maybe it's just that those ZIFs, at least when combined with the particular
>DIPs Fluke used, suck. The fact that the pods otherwise (seem to) work
>perfectly, supports that theory.
>
>Does anyone know what the 00 error is?
>
>-Mark
>
>---