Re: Success with EEPROM/Floppies

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 23:19:56 EDT

<x-flowed>
Update: The old 9100 now boots from the revision 4.1 floppy images that
have been transferred to the hard drive. I have a working 9100 again!

ftp://ftp.flippers.com/TTL/Fluke/9100_Fixture/SYSTEM4_1.zip You'll need to
be able to program a Xicor X2444 to do this, plus the data format of your
programmer needs to match mine, most of the data should be a similar layout
to your X2444 EEPROM except for a few bytes - the first three (9100's
Serial number) the last two (Signature checksum?) and a couple of others
for memory size etc.

The programming files seems to be unavailable at this time on the machine.
Rats...

However I am able to recover programs (text) via the serial ports.

Now the question is, how can I simplify the process somewhat. I know that
the directly of files is available with the "HELP" key, but I don't have
the 9100 manual at home and was wondering exactly how to do this procedure.

I have gotten into the PRINT UUT ..1.. TEXTFILE ...2... TO PORT1, now what
exactly is "..1.." and "..2.."? I see that there are a bunch of files for
..1.. that are cryptically labeled such as AA_PX, CLB, HALT, HPC, PICA,
SELF_TEST and a bunch more, and that if I choose, for example, SELF_TEST
then ..2.. allows me to choose from labels such as BARS, COPYFILES, HALT,
HELPMENU.C, RS232.C, UPLOAD.C and others.

Are these sub-sections of the program SELF_TEST and if so, can I extract
them all at once?

John :-#)#

How to subscribe or unsubscribe from TTL

To do either you send email to "MajorDomo@flippers.com" and in the body you
state either "Subscribe techtoolslist" or "Unsubscribe techtoolslist", note
that the Subject is "" (Blank)...

FTP site is: ftp://ftp.flippers.com/TTL/

</x-flowed>