Re: Success with EEPROM/Floppies

From: Corey Stup <Corey_at_Stup.net>
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 21:18:41 EDT

John Robertson wrote:

> More news, the RV6 floppies work fine with my 9100 (was RV4 prior). I
> wonder if they dropped the copy protection by then.

This is bitter sweet for me. I spent lots of hours working on removing
the V4.0 protection and had it about 80+% complete. With 6.0, it
appears that all the protection has been removed. Even if these V6.0
images aren't yet coded, the system allowed the floppies to remain write
protected on boot AND on install to a freshly formatted HD.
  YAY!

I was able to make the 3 system disks, take a newly formatted HD and
install V6.0. Now to make the programmers disks.

I will probably have my "spare" 9100FT available for sale if anyone is
interested. Will have a clean install on a working HD. Has the video
card, but no Fluke keyboard.