Re: Success with EEPROM/Floppies

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 21:53:38 EDT

<x-flowed>
Yup, I spent a few hours as well, as did others. Nice to have corroboration
on the installing of System6, I suspect a few people are going to be
relieved with this.

Now to bump up the hard drives.

You mention you have a newly formatted hard drive in your machine, was it a
20M as defined in the 9100 Service floppy (RV4) or something else? I'd
really like to get rid of my very noisy drive...it is giving me a headache!

We do need a copy of the RV6 Service Floppies...

John :-#)#

At 09:18 PM 30/09/2002 -0400, Corey Stup wrote:

>John Robertson wrote:
> >
> > More news, the RV6 floppies work fine with my 9100 (was RV4 prior). I
> > wonder if they dropped the copy protection by then.
>
>This is bitter sweet for me. I spent lots of hours working on removing
>the V4.0 protection and had it about 80+% complete. With 6.0, it
>appears that all the protection has been removed. Even if these V6.0
>images aren't yet coded, the system allowed the floppies to remain write
>protected on boot AND on install to a freshly formatted HD.
> YAY!
>
>I was able to make the 3 system disks, take a newly formatted HD and
>install V6.0. Now to make the programmers disks.
>
>I will probably have my "spare" 9100FT available for sale if anyone is
>interested. Will have a clean install on a working HD. Has the video
>card, but no Fluke keyboard.

</x-flowed>