Re: Fluke Signatures....

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 15:43:20 EDT

<x-flowed>
More numbers...I've tried using my Arium ML4100 to disassemble the 9010's
ROM process but it (the 4100) just croaked. So I thought maybe a real
simple code would give some clues. What I did was to write to RAM 00 = 01,
then the RAM from 01 - 0F is all 00. Then I read the Signatures - here are
the results:

Start/Finish Signature
00/01 D9E1
00/02 D9E1
00/03,04,05 D9E1
00/06,07 2C97
00/08,09,0A D81D
00/0B 536A
00/0C,0D,0E 2403
00/0F A7DA

So, it appears that there is a minimum size of ROM Signature that might be
valid. I'm going to fire up my other 4100 when I bring it home tomorrow and
see if I can trace it that way. There did seem to be a thread of
disassembly that was interesting but I am no code jockey. Just a hacker, moi.

John :-#)#

Anyone with any bright ideas? I've tried a few algorithms with no success.