Re: WTD: Z8000 pod manual or schematics

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 13:52:16 EST

<x-flowed>
I just got a loaner Z8000 pod and manual in, there seems to be no easy way
to rework another pod to become a Z8000. A nice pod I must say, but only of
use on the Pole Position for me, and I hate fixing them. I am not sure then
that the Z8000 pod is much use.

I do have the schematic for the Z8000 adapter for the Cat Box and I think I
also now have the PROM data for same - if anyone wants to make an adapter
for the Cat Box it might also be possible to use it for the Fluke as well
as the Cat Box uses a 6502 CPU, and if someone wired the Cat Box Z8000
adapter to be used with a 6502 and then with a 6502 pod it might be
possible to fake a Z8000 pod - at least as far as reads and writes, it
obviously won't run as a Z8000...

I'm still spending my spare time trying to crack the Fluke Signature
though...I've even found a couple of guys on alt.cryptic to assist. maybe.

John :-#)#

At 07:38 AM 03/10/2002 -0700, John Robertson wrote:
>Anyone have the Z8000 pod manual? I'm looking for the schematics of the
>sucker. I suspect another pod might be able to be modified to be a Z8000...
>
>John :-#)#

</x-flowed>