Re: Fluke pod ribbon cables .. strange

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 19:45:52 EST

<x-flowed>
I think you might be mixing up twisted pair header cables and ribbon style
headers. I recall seeing something about the difference, but I don't think
it is significant. Something about the shield ground jumper....

I have no spares, but you can buy a cable (ribbon) that should work fine
from Digi-Key.com or the equivalent in the UK.

John :-#)#

At 11:40 PM 19/11/2002 +0000, steve@coule.freeserve.co.uk wrote:

>I have a good z80 pod with trashed 40 pin header and thought I'd swap a
>the ribbon cable and header from a 6802 pod, but it fails self test, I
>tried the cable and header from a good 6502 pod, it also fails self test,
>I tried a cable from a good z80 pod, it passed self test! Why?
>
>The manuals state that the 6502 and z80 should have the same part number
>but they don't. The 6802 and 6502 do have the same part number taken from
>real pods, neither work with the z80 which has a different part number.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what's in these headers?
>
>Does anyone have a spare cable and header for a z80 or 8085 pod for
>sale? A dead pod would do if the cable &header look good!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve

>Freeserve AnyTime, only £13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
>For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
>0800 970 8890

</x-flowed>