Re: Fluke 9100 service disk?

From: Corey Stup <Corey_at_Stup.net>
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 12:51:28 EST

> The rev 4 service disk will format the old 20 MB MFM Micropolis drives, and
> I think I have found a source of some good used ones, but I just haven't
> had a chance to pick them up. Hope to do that in January and then I might
> have some spares. If you ask some older techies, they might have these
> drives kicking around. I am also going to experiment with some early MAC
> SCSI drives - they are 20 MB as well...
The revision 4 software won't be able to format or control a standard
SCSI drive, including those MACs. Its all setup to only understand how
to operate the WD1006 and Adaptec 4000/5000 boards, neither of which are
"standard" SCSI.

We all just need to buy SCSI drives with the V6 upgrade from Shy.
Screw these MFM drives.