Re: Fluke 9100 service disk?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 12:40:50 EST

<x-flowed>
Urk....sounds like bad hard drive. I am trying to figure a work-around for
this,but am too busy with the Xmas season to deal with it right now. A
couple of us are trying to adapt larger SCSI drives.

The rev 4 service disk will format the old 20 MB MFM Micropolis drives, and
I think I have found a source of some good used ones, but I just haven't
had a chance to pick them up. Hope to do that in January and then I might
have some spares. If you ask some older techies, they might have these
drives kicking around. I am also going to experiment with some early MAC
SCSI drives - they are 20 MB as well...

John :-#)#

At 02:14 PM 14/12/2002 +0000, steve@coule.freeserve.co.uk wrote:

>Has anyone got a teledisk image of the fluke 9100 service disk? Or any
>other way of testing and formatting a 9100a hard disc?
>
>My NOS 9100a is failing to boot from the HDD (first time ever!), when it
>boots from floppies and I attempt to copy files from the system floppies
>to the HDD results in error : I/O Module fuse blown!
>
>This seems unlikely since there is no IO module or anything else for that
>matter plugged in.
>
>I swapped in the noisey HDD from my other system and the machine boots
>just fine. I tried swapping the MFM-SCSI adaptor card but that made no
>difference so it's either a drive fault or it needs a reformat.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>
>Steve

>Freeserve AnyTime, only £13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
>For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
>0800 970 8890

</x-flowed>