RE: New Fluke 9010A software (BETA)

From: James S. Bright <james_at_quarterarcade.com>
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 21:11:58 EDT

Well, I'm short a video card and keyboard for my 9100A... So I've been
using my 9010A for repairs. This program came about because the legacy
DOS program just too clunky and made it too hard to organize all my
scripts.

But for my 9100A, it's to the point where I was looking at what it would
take to re-manufacture a short run of video cards. (I found what
appeared to be the hardest to find CRT control chips, and they were NOT
cheap.) The problem is that even a small run of 20 cards would be very
expensive, and there is a little gap in my knowledge of what it would
take to convert the base 9100A to a programming station. I would hate to
drop a lot of money and find out they can't be used.

Shy (Navatech) tells me that if you just install the programming
software that the output to the screen would be automatic. Is the
programming software available to install? I'm also not sure how "node
locking" works. Anyone have more information about what it takes to
convert a base 9100 into a programming station?

JB

--James Bright
www.QuarterArcade.com
Restored Arcade Games for your Home