RE: Interesting observation, question

From: Phillip Eaton <inbox_at_phillipeaton.com>
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 04:35:48 EDT

I don't know if this is off-topic, and James might want me to him post
direct (let me know)...

Regarding the FIDE software, is it supposed to hook into the RKSIC software
yet?

When I run mine (Win2k) I only get the Receive from Serial Port toolbar
button available, the Send and Set Port Settings buttons are greyed out.
Perhaps this is for a later release? BTW, you spelt Receive wrongly :-)

Maybe my grey buttons are is linked to an installation problem on my box
where the Program Menu shortcut doesn't work - I have to manually find the
executable and run it directly. Perhaps I should re-install?

As for program enhancements, you simply *must* add syntax highlighting!!

I use TextPad 4.6.2 at the moment, and have knocked up a syntax highlighting
config file for Fluke source files. Using the FIDE editor seems like a step
backwards (sorry). This version of TextPad has a useful facility for saving
syntax highlighting in HTML, as shown here:
www.phillipeaton.com/../flukesyntaxhighlight.htm.

So far, though, FIDE is looking great! A more comprehensive library of
source examples would be good as learning by seeing would save me having to
read the manual... Perhaps everyone who has 'packaged' PCB test routines
could contribute them? I will when I've written some - I'm pretty new to
using the Fluke so far.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Phillip Eaton