Re: Hello there

From: James S. Bright <james_at_quarterarcade.com>
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 10:49:53 EDT

Kurt,

You'll want to check out ftp://ftp.flippers.com under the Fluke directory.
Particularly the PDF part. The general 9010A manual and the programming
manual is very helpful. (TTL/Fluke/PDFs). Get the LanguageCompiler document,
the users's manual (I forget which document that is). Also get the
Troubleshooter series of publications as they are very helpful for learning
the "philosophy" of debugging. I'd print them out and bring them with you on
vacation. They make good bedtime reading.

There are some scripts already on the FTP site--browse around and you'll
find them. They give some examples of what to do, but by no means are they a
tutorial.

Good luck. Oh, and hope those Flukes have an RS-232 option... a probe would
be very useful too. I find that I use mine more and more because you can
sync to address or data access and get a clear indication of where a fault
might lie.

JB

--James Bright
www.QuarterArcade.com