Re: [techtoolslist] The Book by Atari - another game board operation book?

From: Marc Alexander <marcwolf123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 01:22:49 EDT

Thanks John that's a great document, I haven't seen that one before!

Does anyone know what document(s) there are that cover game board
theory of operation, etc?
I vaguely remember another Atari doc that had some great operational
descriptions about how a game board works, from the CPU, memory, to
the video output section, motion object control, etc.
It was a great plain english description about the different subsections
of an average raster game pcb and what they did.
Although the one I saw covered one/some Atari games, the same theory
still applies to pretty much all others...
I can't remember if it was a seperate Atari doc, or just a brilliant
tech manual for one of their games.

BTW for some reason I am seeing send/replies to techtoolslist@www.flippers.com
(with the www. in it) I assume it's still working ok though.

Best regards,