En:RE: Parallel Port Ram Tester from Brazil!

From: pc2jamma <pc2jamma_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 21:32:44 EST

Hello Folks !

The first part of the project, will make a Test Pattern, once the RS232 does not have enough speed to make a the Speed Test. Most of SRAM memories fail at this point...

It consists on fill all addresses with 0s, 1s and pattern like

0000000000
0000000001
0000000010
0000000100
0000001000
0000010000
0000100000
0001000000
0010000000
0100000000
1000000000
0100000000
0010000000
0001000000
0000100000
0000010000
0000001000
0000000100
0000000010
0000000001

And repeat at inverse way (0s in place os 1s and 1s in place of 0s)

The second part of the project, I'm planning to make on clock circuit (up to 20MHz) to make the Speed Test, filling all addresses with 0s and another test filling with 1s.

The software control, will be another important part of this project.

I hope to share experiences with you guys, and ALL comments will be very welcome !!!

I'm studing PIC microcontroles, and soon I hope to have one PCless tester :)

Thank you

José Luiz Martins