Re: Data i/o 29B

From: James Bright <james_at_quarterarcade.com>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 13:41:52 EST

Re: Data i/o 29B
It sounds like you're not closing the port the last time you use it. Are you using other programs that may not be properly closing the port? You may have to do it explicitly (close the port).

I have not had a problem using the serial port for a number of applications (F9010, F9100, and an HP digital scope that I use to capture waveforms). I use WinXP. I have had a problem getting my I/O working with the available software. I think that may be a physical (cable) issue.

John, without source code, there is no way to port a program like that. You'd have to re-write it from scratch. Somewhat of a tall order unless people are willing to pay for it :-(

JB

--James Bright
www.QuarterArcade.com
Restored Arcade Games for your Home